A New Years Challenge
A few days ago, I got a text from a friend, Jeremy Voss that said I was a failure. He didn’t come right out and say it, but knowing Jeremy I knew what he meant.
Did you really only blog ONCE in 2010?
Thinking back over the past year, I realized this was probably true so I offered him an apology. I also offered a resolution to his concern by stating I would blog “at least twice as much this year”. Surprisingly, he was not satisfied by this response. So I decided I would set a few goals as another buddy Lantz Howard suggested I do last year. I’ve decided to post them on my blog so I can remember them and you all can hold me accountable (all 5 of you).
- Blog at least twice this year - This one is for you Jeremy
- Quit using two spaces after a period - for all you grammar punks out there
- Become a stronger spiritual leader in my home
- Read the Bible daily with my girls - I know this goes with above, but I wanted to spell it out
- Read more books
- Trust in God to support my family instead of relying on myself - I’ll explain this later in my second blog post
- Give more - of myself, of “my” money, of my heart
All of these are areas I have grown tremendously in over the past 2 years, but I don’t want to ever be satisfied. I challenge each of you not only to set goals, but also to challenge yourself to never be satisfied with who you are today.
I also request that you check me regularly to make sure I’m on target. I’m ADD, I need it